Fall is one of my favorite seasons to dress for because of the rich colors, textures, and the ability to layer. Also, now that I am sans baby bump, I’m so excited to wear my favorite denim and break out some styles I haven’t been able to wear in a longgggg time. Below are the 7 things I am most looking forward to wearing this fall. I also decided to try something new and add a few more options because I found so many great items for each category.
- Wool Hat: I’m not a big hat person but I love wool and felt hats in the fall and winter. Not only are they practical on chilly days, but they complete a simple sweater/tee and jeans outfit fabulously. I always look forward to breaking out my camel ALDO hat (see me wearing it here), but I love the idea of a moodier color to shake things up this year.
- Chenille Knit: Chenille is one texture I am seeing everywhere this year and I really love it. In the past, I was all about fuzzy sweaters (still am actually!) so I must have a thing for interesting texture. This year I can’t wait to try this luxurious-looking fabric. It looks much more expensive and feels softer than the typical cheap knit, yet as you can see by the options I found on the internet, it’s crazy affordable.
- Shiny Leather Booties: I’m a huge ankle boot girl in the fall and winter. They are so versatile and there is such a big variety of styles available out there. This year I am seeing patent leather ankle boots everywhere and at first I thought they were a little too edgy for me, but I have since seen them styled to fit my taste and I would love to give them a try.
- Yellow/Gold Knit Sweater: This spring I picked up a cardigan from Forever 21 in a really cool gold-ish color (see how I wore it here). I never thought it would be a good color on me, but it totally worked and I am thinking about adding a cozy yellow/gold knit to my sweater pile this year. I love when people wear bold, colorful knits, but these colors always look super overwhelming with my light features. Now that I found a striking color that works on me, I’m excited to add a little more of it to my wardrobe.
- Knee High Boots: Knee high boots in a chocolate brown leather are one of those things that will never go out of style for fall. I look forward to wearing my favorite pairs every autumn and this year is no exception. On super cold days, I love leaving on my cozy slipper socks before stuffing my feet into my favorite cozy knee high boots. I can’t wait to break out my favorite pairs as soon as the weather cools down in the next couple of weeks.
- Great Fitting Skinny Jeans: One great thing about fall is it reminds me of the days when my mom would take me back-to-school shopping. Every year a great pair of denim was always on my list, and if it wasn’t already obvious, denim was and still is my favorite item of clothing. Although I have not grown out of my jeans in a long time and therefore haven’t needed to go denim shopping, I still get excited to put on my favorite pair of jeans to go with my fave boots every year.
- Crisp White Sneakers: Now that I am a mom, I’m wearing flats more than ever. The idea of carrying a newborn while wearing heels actually makes my stomach drop and, regardless, I only leave the house to run errands and take the kiddo and dog on walks anyways. Heels really have no place in my life as of late. I love how everyone is pairing sneakers with virtually every outfit these days, so I’m thinking about giving this look a try.
- Fuzzy Jacket: I have noticed these fuzzy, teddy-bear-like jackets everywhere this season and they are the perfect mix of style and comfort! These jackets just make me want to go to an apple orchard and drink some cider by a bonfire for the perfect fall day.
- Velvet Accessories: Velvet is a must for fall and winter, but I’m kind of over the typical velvet blazer, dress, top, etc. Accessories are where it’s at this year, particularly boots and purses. They make a casual jeans and top/sweater outfit look more luxe and holiday party ready.